My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Frozen Wasteland or Winter Wonderland?

I know that some of you have been concerned about me since it has been so long since I've posted. I returned to work on January 12, and it was an exhausting week, plus I did feel some pain. I've also been trying to get to bed earlier as I don't want to wear myself out. On the whole though, I have been healing very well. I didn't have pain at all this week, though I could feel some pressure.

Sometimes I also have to fight the kids for my computer, and sometimes, like this past week, I just have a bad case of bloggers block. At any rate, I might not be able to spend as much time in blogland as I'd like. I am way far behind in visits and leaving comments, but I am here when I can be. Please don't take it as a slight if I haven't visited or left a greeting in your comment box!

Anyhow, here is what I've been waking up to lately. Just look at all that snow! These pics were taken about a week or two ago. There must be 8 or more inches!



It wasn't long ago that I was sitting out on that deck with a good book or magazine and setting my glass of iced tea on that table! I can't believe I didn't get it covered before the snow fell.


Here is a view from the deck out to the riverbank with the frozen river beyond. Last year the river never completely froze over. That sure changed this year!


The trees and bushes do look pretty covered in snow!


See that pretty evergreen tree? Only a month ago, it was weighted down in ice and the top was bent over!


So what do you think? Is this a frozen wasteland or winter wonderland?

All I know is that I really miss this!


And I miss doing things like this!

Oh spring, you can't get here soon enough!

In an upcoming post, I'll talk about a little controversy going on in the comment section of my Adventures in Internet Dating post from some time back. I was going to ignore an Anonymous poster's comments, but I think it has come to the point that some things need to be addressed.

Also, I will give an update on my weight loss. I have exceeded my own expectations, but I need to get my kids to take some pics so you can see before and afters. People are starting to notice the difference!

I won't be on much in the next night or two. I need to finish some online CEU's (continuing education credits) for the recertification of my counseling credentials. Very time consuming and expensive process!

I'll be around as I can!

8 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Kady!

I'm ready for our Ohio winter to be OVER! It's just been toooo cold for me this winter, makes my bones ache!

I'm glad you're doing better. Sounds like you are progressing quite good now and Congrats on your weight loss!! That's wonderful Kady! I can hardly wait to see your before and after shots. I'm trying to be healthy and lose weight myself and it's a slow process but I'm sticking to it!

Stay as rested as possible and be good to yourself!

Hugs, Sherry

SmilingSally said...

You've really had a bad stretch. But after these classes, things should get back to normal. I've missed you.

Helen said...

Glad to know you are feeling so much better ... working full time and studying on top of it doesn't give you a lot of spare time I'm guessing. Also GREAT to know your weight loss is continuing. So is mine, slowly, but it is steady and that's the only way I know how to do it. As I've shared with you before, life without gall bladder can present a few digestive challenges as well as weight gain so we do have to be mindful of that. Keep up the good work, Kady.

Justine said...

I'm so glad you finally posted, Kady! And yippee on the weight loss and feeling better! I'm so happy for you and proud OF you!

I love the snow pictures, and to me, it's a winter wonderland. I so wish I could be there to actually experience it!

Justine :o )

nikkicrumpet said...

I am so tired of snow....I'm way past winterwonderland and into winter hell!! Glad to hear you're feeling better...and even better that you're exceeding your weightloss goal!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Kady so nice to hear from you! Of course it's a winter wonderland! Sooooo beautiful! Love veiwing winter pics, so thanks for sharing.

I understand how life can get so hectic, and of course with work, I am happy to see you today!

Tracy said...

WOW! Now THAT is real snow!! Crazy! It sure is beautiful though! But then again, so is sunny weather ; ) Good luck finishing your CEU's!

bj said...

We all miss you , Kady, but, I for one, KNOW how life goes on beyond Blogland and computers. It's best to take care of yourself and your real world life ...we will all be here any time you can get back to us....
Take good care...and I can not WAIT to read about the comments you are going to address ....ole nosey me!!
lol