My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tablescape Thursday/Silver and blue Christmas

Finally, I'm making a post again! It's been a while. Today for Tablescape Thursday, I created a Christmas themed table in blue, silver, and white. I had so much fun thinking this up!

I used a white tablecloth. Oops, it wasn't long enough, so I used lacey curtains for the rear of the table.

This is the rear of the table from a couple angles.


I used a variety of bulbs in silver, blue and white. I also have a lot of light blue glass, so I used that in my tablescape. Miniature lights in white added glow, along with candlelight.

For the center, I also used ribbon and a beaded garland.


The place setting is simple in Gibson white dishes. I added ribbon down the middle. The placemats and napkins are from the set I found in an antique shop this summer. A lovely ornament in silver and blue completes the setting.


I found this Mikasa server this summer at a garage sale for only $5. I dressed it up for this tablescape with Christmas bulbs and with Lindt candies. Miniature lights make the crystal sparkle!



Depression glass sugar and creamers in the Mayfair pattern in light blue add more color.


I've had these little glass candlesticks (set of 6) for probably 25 years, but put them in a box and forgot about them! Found them at a garage sale. I added small blue bulbs.


My client's mom gave me a set of three beautiful glass and silver candlesticks for my birthday. They were PERFECT for this table!


Last, but not least, is this ice blue candlestick. I've had this set of two for years now. Got them on eBay.


I didn't want to neglect the light above the table, so I added this ornament with silver bells to hang from the center.


I didn't really add prices this time, because very little was a bargain and I paid full price, but nothing was really pricey either. Most of the materials for this table were purchased at Meijer.

Head on over to Susan's blog, Between Naps on the Porch to find a list of other Tablescape Thursday participants.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to visit blogs this weekend! I've missed all of you so much.

12 comments:

Heather said...

so winter-y and beautiful!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Very pretty Kady...Love the colors and those depression glass stole my heart big time...I hope you have a Great Christmas my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Patricia said...

I love your blue and silver tablescape. My daughter talked me into doing blue, silver and white decorations this year, not my usual colors but decided to give her idea a try. I love the blue and silver. So wintry and it is really nice for a change. It was not hard to find decorations for my tree or table. Thanks for sharing your table, it is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I love this table. It's stunning. I especially like light blue depression sugar & creamer. Very pretty :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

THis is a beautiful blue tablescape- icy and cool and very fairy-tale like! I love what you did with the Christmas ball and lights. Sparkly!
So lovely to see.
Yvonne

Marigene said...

I love your white, ice-blue and silver table...very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Justine said...

Love every single aspect of this, Kady!!!

Justine :o )

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! I've missed you! Your tablescape is so pretty! You really do have the touch! I love the blue and white and especially love the lazy susan with the blue balls and little lights! You're good.
Have a Merry Christmas,
Shelia :)

Suzanne said...

Your tablescape is Beee-utifuL! I love the blue, silver, and white combinations. Merry Christmas!

Shellbelle said...

I had to stop in and thank you for visiting The Hut to follow Stella's adventures. We had such a great time, but the visit was only for two days. I read all your Stella posts, she was such a lucky girl to spend so much time in Ohio. You took her to so many wonderful places and I know she was thrilled will all the shopping and even being shot out of a cannon! Whew!

Your tablescape is lovely, the blue is so pretty. Merry Christmas Kady to you and yours.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This tablescape is so pretty! It just looks like a winter wonderland! I love your blue depression glass - so pretty. I hope that you have a most Merry Christmas and that 2010 has many blessings in store for you!

Neabear said...

Such a pretty tablescape! I love the colors.

~Linnea