My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Had a Date!

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. This computer is so slow that it really makes it difficult to visit other blog posts as it takes forever for pages to download and then it often freezes. I will be so glad when I will be able to get the old computer fixed or get another one.

And believe it or not, but I'd never though I would say this, but sometimes I just get sick of the internet! There have even been days that I didn't log on to anything but my daily cartoon and my mail. I haven't even been to Blogspot or Facebook in days.

But I digress...this post is about dating! And for the first time in a year and a half, I actually had a date!



I had a nice time. He drove over two hours from up near Detroit to come see me. We went out to lunch at a local restaurant and then hung out at the local riverfront park and walked along the river. Yes, he even kissed me and we actually held hands! We agreed to meet again in two weeks. Well that was the plan. This week he messaged me and said that he is not sure he is "ready to meet again until a couple more weeks." Whatever that means. I am now doubting that there is going to be a second date. Oh well. That is par for the course now and then when you date. We shall see. I'm not going to post his pic, because at this point, I have too much respect to do that.

Anyhow, I get asked all the time why I don't date more. The answer is simply that I am not being asked. People tell me they are surprised and men that I talk to online say that they can't believe I am not in a relationship. I think I can shed a little light on part of that.

For one, whatever happened to a man taking a woman out on a date simply for the pleasure of her company? Too many of the men who say they would like to meet me have "conditions" if they agree to meet up.

(Update: 1/12/13 - I deleted some of this post's content. This really has no part in my life any more.)

There really are some nice guys out there. I still keep in contact with the man I met in Dallas a year and a half ago. He admits that if we lived closer, we would probably be a couple. *Sigh* There is also another man that has talked to me for several years, but we have never managed to meet due to him living in various locations far across the country, and at one point, across the ocean. I also talk to another man who has been attending med school and working, so we have never had the chance to meet.

Despite all of this, I remain optimistic. I really do think that the right guy is out there somewhere.

And if you know of any great single men, send them my way!

5 comments:

Justine said...

Ewwwwwwwww... that guy (and the others too!) is such a damn sleeze!!!!! do you always date through the internet? You're always out and about. I'm surprised you don't meet more men just casually.

Justine :o )

Helen said...

OK, the grandmother in me has to say something. I doubt very seriously you will meet a great life partner (or someone for companionship/fun) online. Please keep yourself safe from idiots like the ones you have described. You are lovely, intelligent, caring and any real man would be happy to be with you. Keep your options and your heart open. It will happen when it is meant to.

I say this because I care ......

Melissa Miller said...

What a rude bunch of guys KD! I'm so sorry you are not meeting nicer men these days. It will happen very soon I'm sure!

Did you ever receive my e-mail in response to the cookbook giveaway I won from you a few months back? I just wondered what had ever happened with that? No worries if you can't mail it. I'm on a very strict diet and lifestyle change due to health and B/P issues. Sigh.

Many Blessings and Happy Fall!
~Melissa :)

bj said...

O, honey...I have to say I don't like meeting men on line one bit. Just scares the s*** right out of me. I know...it's my age, I'm sure but I just can't trust them. I would rather you meet a guy at a chruch group..., I know it,Kady, I can hear you laughing. My daughter would be on the floor laughing at that comment, but....it's true. Or thru friends or at the supermarket or anywhere that you could be around them more and learn to know them. These guys on line...I just figure they are out to get a little and then shut the door and never come back. People that live close to you are more responsible about being a nicer person than one that lives far off. Now, believe me, I know there's been wonderful relationships born thru the internet. We have some blogging buddies that did this and have a wonderful marriage. I don't think ALL internet guys are killers but...please beware. and be very careful.

NOW..just to say I am so glad you are back online for awhile. I missed hearing from you! Hope all is well in your world and that the family is all doing good.
xo bj

Lori said...

How rude and gross!!! Wish we were meeting better men!!!

Thanks for stopping by and entering my give away!