My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Tablescape Thursday...on Friday/Harvest table

Yes, here it is a Friday already and I am just now posting this week's Tablescape Thursday.


I swear, working third shift gets me all messed up. I thought it was the day before, and I was going to be late posting as is. I thought about posting next week, but I want to post a Thanksgiving Tablescape then. So I don't know if my confusion is just from working third, not enough sleep, or menopause. "Pause my brain," they should call it!


So finally here is my harvest tablescape. I used a light green sheet as a tablecloth. I added autumn and harvest related items to the table.


If you're on my Facebook, you may have already seen this. I used my white Gibson dinner plate and added a pear shaped plastic dish from Dollar Tree.


Here it is up close. I thought it was so cute. I added a golden colored Dollar Tree dish towel as a placemat. The leaf on it matches the leaf napkins. This is the third time in a row I have used them in a setting. A silk flower takes a turn as a napkin ring.


I fell in love with the "family" glass that I also found at Dollar Tree. I plan to get a few more of these for my Thanksgiving table.


Since I am including birdhouses in the tablescape, I needed a little birdie! I've had her for a couple years now, purchased at a local gift shop.


I found this basket filled with autumn flowers at Goodwill for only $3. It is going to be sitting in my outside arrangement soon since the frost killed my mums. I've had the stars for a little while now, also from Goodwill at two bucks a piece.


I collect birdhouses, and found this one at a garage sale for a dollar. I added a fresh apple from the local farmer's market. After all, I had to add something that had been harvested! I loved the colors in this apple.


I also bought this red birdhouse at the same garage sale last year, also for a dollar.


Since this was an outside tablescape, I thought it would be fun to add leaves for extra color. These were from trees in the yard.


I especially love these red leaves. They came from the maple out front that was spectacular this year.


Here was the tree on Halloween...isn't it beautiful? The leaves fell last week and I was so sad to see them come down.


It's almost three weeks since Halloween, and I still haven't posted pics. I may yet do it. I was a vampiress and went to a party and had a blast.

I'm now working 40 hours per week. I also leave late every morning and factor in an hour of driving each day. I feel great, but it does take a huge toll on my spare time. I haven't even been on blogger in about a week. I have neglected Facebook as well. I just can't be on here as often as I used to, so I hope everyone understands. I will come visit as I can.

Maybe someone can help me with this...I have lately been receiving a lot of anonymous spam comments on old posts. Can anyone tell me how to delete those comments without deleting all the rest of the comments left on the post? Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice.

Please go to Between Naps on the Porch for a list of other Tablescape Thursday participants. You'll be glad you did!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! I've missed you! Sounds like you're the busiest one! Life does take over sometimes, doesn't it?
Your table is so sweet and love you were able to set it outdoors! Your little pear plate is adorable and everything else. Great deal on those lovely flowers.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to get rid of the unwanted comments. Why won't the spammers just leave us alone.
I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

If you change your settings to include a word verification on your comments, it might help prevent SPAM comments from being added. Go to Blogger Dashboard, Settings, Comments Tab. Scroll down to "Show Word verification for comments?" and click on YES. That might help.

Loved your tablescape!

Heather said...

everything is so cute! i love how you're put it all together.
i've been getting the anonymous spam lately too. i have mine set so i have to approve every message before it's posted and then when i see the spam ones i can click reject instead of posting it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tablescape is just gorgeous and I love the outdoor setting. It is just fantastic. The pear shaped plate is so pretty in your setting. The addition of the birdhouses and all of the pretty leaves are just perfect. Have a super day. Hugs, Marty

Jeanette said...

So pretty. Isn't it wonderful the treasures we find at the dollar store? The glasses are the perfect addition to a thanksgiving table.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well, that pear plate is just too cute! I'm going to have to head to our $ Tree & see if they have any of those. Love your "family" glasses too. Pretty fall table. laurie

Sarah said...

The pear plate looks fabulous. Make quite a statement. Love the colorful leaves on your table. Great job!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

You've done a wonderful tablescape -- it looks like a perfect fall day for outdoor dining. I know that you're busy (but surely a blessing too - after such a long time unemployed) Loved seeing you back today.

Helen said...

Hello there Kady!

Sending you bushels and bushels of happy Thanksgiving wishes ...

Neabear said...

That tree looks a lot like the trees I saw in Iowa when I visited my daughter there. We were there in October.

~Linnea