Deb at Deb's Country Kisses awarded me with the Arte Y Pico award! I am so excited! Thank you so much, Deb, this really means a lot to me! Deb is one of those people that I felt like I had known forever when I started reading her blog. Isn’t it odd you have can feel an instant kinship with someone you’ve never met? I’d like to pass this award along to some of my favorite blogs. Many of my faves already had this award, so I am giving it to those who don’t have it yet. Believe me, all of the blogs in my list of favorites deserve this, but I can pass it on to only five and let the rest of you bless others!
The rules that apply to this award is as follows:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4.The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
I am awarding the following blogs in alphabetical order:
Donna at An Enchanted Cottage. I first saw Donna’s cottage rooms on Rate My Space and they instantly became some of my favorites. Then I found her on the blogs! Imagine my excitement at getting to see even more of her beautiful home and lovely creamy white painted furniture! She also has a lovely garden full of birdbaths and fountains. I love visiting her blog.
Robin at Bittersweet Punkin. This was one of the first blogs I visited and I was struck by the love she has for her family and her stories of their lives. She also creates some beautiful things and has her own online shop! We also share a love for the music of Dan Fogelberg. Stop on by her site for a listen.
Kat at Katerpillars No More has such a fun blog. Her personality just shines through, and she creates the most amazing dolls and other fun stuff. She has a wonderful testimony about her life and I admire her more than she can possibly know for her strength and the willingness to share about the things she has been through.
Nikki at The Scarlett Rose Garden has the funnest blog! She has some incredible vintage dresses and she actually uses them! I love her sense of fun, and she has the sweetest little boy. I am having so much fun watching her progress on her older house. She has a great sense of humor and I just love finding comments from her!
Glenda at Tootsie Time is new to blogging, but she has already taken the blogging world by storm! She raises her own flowers from seed in a lovely greenhouse her husband made for her, and has terrific gardening advice and is always willing to answer questions. She has hilarious stories about her three precious children that will have you howling in laughter.
I’ve been tagged by Robin at Bittersweet Punkin! If you haven't seen her blog yet, hop on over! She is one of the bloggers I am awarding above. So here are my five questions:
1.What was I doing 10 years ago? I was married and had 3 children at home; a 17 year old, a 9 year old and a 5 year old. I was working third shift at a factory making cathode ray guns for TV tubes and was serving as a shop steward in the union. The above pic is a cathode ray gun. The diagram makes perfect sense to me! I don’t remember much else as I never had enough sleep and life was a blur. Seriously! I also had purchased my first computer and was really enjoying being online! I was blissfully unaware that the next year and a half was going to bring about BIG changes.
2. Five things on my To-Do list: Finish clearing out boxes from the living room and shampoo the carpet (it has served as a storage room); paint all of the furniture that I have had sitting in the garage waiting to be painted; try my hand at sewing by making a pillow cover for the rattan chair I got for free that still needs to be painted; weed the flower gardens; finish up the Old House which needs a good cleaning so I can sell it (long story); do general cleaning around this house.
3. Snacks I enjoy: Dove chocolate, Godiva chocolate, cheesecake, fresh fruit, anything sweet! 4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire: Pay a maid to come clean my house! Pay off the house and buy a vacation cottage on a lake and a pontoon boat and speedboat; travel around the world, especially Europe; go back to school and get my bachelor’s degree then a master’s degree; send my kids to the college of their choice; do some good in this world!
5. Places I have lived: Three different towns in northwest Ohio and in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I wish I could live in Paris!
I'm tagging all the people who received my award! This was fun, and I think its a great way to learn a little bit about our friends.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening!