My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things that make you go, hmm?

Anyone who has ever raised children occasionally finds themselves pondering something left by the children and saying to themselves, "huh?" I had one of those moments last night.



Here is a sticky gooey pile of melted jumbo marshmallows on a paper towel and sitting on my stove. This defies explanation. I'm not even sure I want to know why! Makes me wonder if my 15 year old son was hoping to have a huge piece of Hershey's chocolate and a giant graham cracker suddenly join in on the party.



Next, I found a letter from my 19 year old son on the computer cabinet bulletin board:



"Mom,



I inadvertently gave your half-bath floor a wax today when I spilt my laundry detergent on the floor. Please look for the cap."



I don't even want to know how he did this, but at least he left me a note so that I would know why my slippers were sticking to the bathroom floor. After also asking me to finish his laundry, he went on to say that he appreciated it, and he would pick up milk and sweet tea before coming home. He ended by writing, "With love and thanks." Awwww! I forgive him for everything!


Okay, on to things pretty and pink and floral! Look what I found in my garden near the driveway! I love these big pink peonies!





For some reason, the peony above reminds me of the man-eating plant in Little Shop of Horrors. It looks like it wants to raise it's head and open its maw and say, "feed me Seymour!" Ok, I guess that's another "thing that makes you go hmmm." This is sometimes how my brain works, lol.
I think the flower above is wisteria. It grows on a vine on the fence between my yard and the neighbors. It smells pretty!


Well thats all for today. It rained hard last night and was overcast all day until about the time I came home. Usually its the other way around. Something to be thankful for...sunshine and sunsets!


I'm excited about the porch party that Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses is hosting. You can find her link in an earlier post or on my list of favorite blogs. I'll be posting my front porch!

6 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I just love your stories about your son. Those marshmellows do look like a sticky mess. I guess now you have a very clean bathroom floor. They grow up so fast.. Treasure the little things that you'll laugh about later. I love you flowers. I can almost smell them from here.
Hugs, Terrie

Anonymous said...

I so agree on the "feed me" I think that every year as the peonies start to open. Mine are a bit later and should bloom next week~ I think on my drive out and about today~ I saw a yellow peony~ have you ever seen a yellow one? ~oxo~S

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

OMG, that is SO funny! Looks like the Stay-Puff marshmallow man left a pile of "puff"...lol!
Your son sounds like a hoot. That shot of the peony does look like the horror plant! Very perty flowers, you lucky girl!
Nikki
p.s. to Sharon, I have never seen a yeller peony! Hmmmm.... hafta keep my eyes open!

Donna Lynn said...

Mine never ever write me sweet notes of explanation like that, you are a blessed woman of the breed we call...MEN! Don't they do weird things? I need your prayers while I am gone for 7 days, what is to become of my home and dogs???HELP....
Joining your heart to mine, because we are mothers of boys,
Donna Lynn

Deb said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you yesterday that I love that movie Good Will Hunting. :O)

kat449 said...

Too funny. I have 2 grown sons also and someone just bought me the cutest mini bumper sticker that said" Having kids is like being pecked to death by a duck"..
Thanks for the laugh. I thought you were being visited by an alien...but nope just some melted marshmallow. so did you find the cap????
I sure hope your having a great week. stop by for a visit anytime, you always make me smile when I see youve visited & left a comment. Your truely one of my several favs. warmly, Kat