My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tablescape Thursday/ Stella's Teddy Bear Picnic

Today, Stella and I stayed close to home. After such an exciting day yesterday, we were both a little tired. However, we both found the energy to create a tablescape for Tablescape Thursday. Stella was a great help!


We decide to have a Teddy Bear Picnic! Sorry for this picture being a wee bit squeezed. I had a better picture, but somehow it didn't get downloaded.

I purchased the picnic basket a few years ago at a friend's garage sale for only $20. It contained the red gingham tablecloth, the plates, cups, and silverware. All I had to provide for this was the guests and a few accessories!

I liked the different colors and mixed them up for some variation. Bandannas make cute napkins. I got the red one at Goodwill for $.55, and the blue for just a couple bucks at Walmart.




I made the napkin rings from a small section of an cardboard paper towel tube. I applied wood glue on the surface, then added twine which I had on hand at the house. The daisy buttons are from Joann Fabric and glued on.


Here you can see some of the contents for our picnic, including grapes, wine, and a loaf of bread. I would have added a chunk of cheese, but didn't think to get that at the grocery store.


This teddy bear belonged to my daughter when she was a toddler. From the scratched eyes, torn ear, and frayed nose, you can tell he was well loved. I think that she named him simply Teddy. I thought he was just too cute to put into storage with most of the other stuffed toys.


This is a bear that I got years ago through a Country Peddler party. I sure did love Country Peddler, but they went out of business years ago.


These little white mums looked like daisies to me. The pot is wrapped in a white bandanna and secured with twine. It usually sits on my painted black end table.


This cute pitcher was a Goodwill find for only $3. I loved the litte red roses, and the touch of red is just right for this picnic. The teddy bears and Stella enjoyed the fresh lemonade that I slaved over using squeezed lemonsCrystal Light.

You didn't think they were going to drink the wine, did you? No, that's for ME!

Stella had so much fun throwing a picnic for her new teddy bear friends!

Everyone had a great time.

For more Tablescape Thursday posts, please go to Susan's blog Between Naps on the Porch for a full list.

Happy Tablescape Thursday!

Oh, and be sure to check out my two previous posts about Stella's adventures here in Ohio!

24 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

PERFECT picnic!

Neabear said...

I love your Teddy Bear Picnic! I have enough bears I could do that and have them sit around a table or something. Hmmm....You have just given me an idea. Shhhhhh.....
I see Stella is having a blast. What do you mean you slaved over that lemonade?.....LOL!

abeachcottage said...

my little one has a million bears, we could try this too!

love the bandana napkins

happy tablescaping

Sarah
A Beach Cottage

Justine said...

Kady, you're getting REALLY good at this tablescape stuff! I love how you used the bandanas. Brilliant!

Justine :o )

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! I love your Teddy bear picnic! I know Stella was such a big help! Love that picnic basket and you really know how to set things up!
be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Michelle said...

The pitcher is just adorable, I love the shape and painted design.

The daisy centerpiece wrapped in the white bandanna is a fab idea and perfect for the picnic!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

cute teddy bear picnic! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

Unknown said...

Well you can't drink all that wine; I'll be right over! I love the teddys. Stop by and see my table setting, if you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog by clicking on "Follow" in the right hand column. This way we can inspire one another frequently! Be sure to stay a while when you're there and enjoy the experience!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh you and Miss Stella are having so much fun! I'm sure glad that she didn't have to go to the burn unit!

Chandy said...

Miss Stella must have really enjoyed that picnic. It looked great!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Cute post (I chuckled quite a bit reading it) & a fun tablescape. I love the picnic basket & wares as well as the teddies. I saw some mums like that yesterday at the grocery store. I thought they were daisies, but they said mums.

nikkicrumpet said...

You and Stella did a great job! Those napkin rings are VERY CLEVER!

Kammy said...

Great job - love the pitcher with the flowers on it. You have been very creative on a shoe string budget - You go girl !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Great napkins and napkin rings. What a fun picnic idea!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Super cute! I love the napkin ring idea!
Michelle

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Kady,

So... you now have Stella! It looks like she is having a ball at your picnic (great idea for TT). I love the napkin idea and can't wait to try making some of those napkin rings~I can imagine all the little things that can be glued on them! ;-D

I thought I was the only one that remembered Country Peddlers. We had a store not far from here and I loved to go!

Enjoy the rest of the week, Kady!

xoxo
Jane

Bridget said...

You are becoming the Napkin Ring Queen! You created a very cute picnic and I think Stella will have fond memories of the day!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Kady
I enjoyed seeing Stella at the Teddy Bears Picnic. Your napkin rings look great and your bears are gorgeous.
Have a good weekend with Stella.
Lindsay

Joyce said...

I just received a postcard from Stella and she said she enjoyed your teddy bear picnic:)
Joyce

imjacobsmom said...

Kady, this has got to be the cutest table scape! I'm sure Stella had the best time! ~ Robyn

Unknown said...

I love Stella and the teddy bear picnic.

Happy Pink Saturday and a very enjoying Memorial Day Weekend.

Karen

Jill said...

Very creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Stella is having a grand ol' time! I will email you my address. I am officially inviting her to Florida!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

What a great score...$20 for that picnic basket with all those goodies! The pitcher is adorable and I love the napkin rings...very clever! Love that you made them! Stella is living the good life...lucky girl! Happy TT...loved your summery tablescape!

Heather said...

cute picnic. love her friends!