My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fun with Flickr Toys and LOL Cats

I'm still in the process of recovering. I don't spend a lot of time at the computer because I start getting sore, but I have been able to cut back on the pain meds and feel a little better every day.

Anyhow, I thought I would repost something I had originally posted in July. Not too many people saw this post, but I had so much fun creating it!

I'll be posting something new for Pink Saturday!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Have you ever heard of LOLcats? If you have the same sense of humor as me, you will find them hilarious! They are funny pictures of cats that have captions, often in broken English or baby talk, as if the cat was talking. You can find out more about the phenomenon of LOLcats in Wikipedia. Thanks to Flickr Toys, you can make your own LOLcats captions to your own photos which I had WAY too much fun with, but first, I thought you'd like to see some examples from the websites themselves. The first two are from the LOLcats site.






The next few are from the I can has cheezburger site. Feeling the funny yet? If not, these will get you there.










When I came across the LOLcat generator on Flickr toys, I knew I was going to have too much fun. I spent the rest of the evening playing with it and adding captions to my pictures. Sorry, no fun places to blog about, no cool projects or pretty things from my house to show today. I wasted my time on juvenile humor and laughing my silly head off. And darn, does it feel good! Ok, be forewarned, a couple of these are a tiny bit rated PG.



First I lolcatted the dog. There is some sense of irony in that.



Then Dino the dinosaur got targeted.



Not even my poor children were safe.







I hope you had as much fun as I did. I laughed and laughed, but then again, I am a card carrying member of The Much Too Easily Amused Club.



You can make badges on Flickr toys too. Again, too much fun.

Hope you had a laugh! It's the best therapy around!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kady, you're my kind of gal! I love funny! I'm glad you're feeling better but do take care of yourself! This was a cute and funny post and you know the Bible say laughter is like medicine to your bones. I wanna have good healthy bones, don't you! lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Helen said...

Are you SURE you've been cutting back on your meds, little lady? Too funny ...........

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am so glad you're home Darlin...your meds are your friends! Take it easy and really...we'll be here when you are feeling like your old self again!!

HUGS,
Robin

Rattlebridge Farm said...

This was adorable. I'm so glad you're feeling better.
(hugs)

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Kady so nice to see you can be active, even if just a little, those pics are too funny!

SmilingSally said...

lol Thanks for thinking of others, Kady. You take care of YOU. It will take a loooong time to recover, so don't get discouraged; just go sloowly. Take it easy.

I agree that pain meds are to be left as soon as possible; they always make me dizzy (er) and sick to my stomach. Hey, it's Christmas time and that means time to eat yummies. So, drop those meds!

Deb said...

Hi Kady! All were too funny! The cat in the toilet was my favorite! Deb

nikkicrumpet said...

UH OH...I know how I'm gonna end up spending my day! lol

bj said...

Oh, Kady, I am sooo sorry to hear that you were so sick. I, myself, have been off the internet for over a week (server problems) so I lost touch with your condition. Oh, I am so glad the surgery is behind you, sweetheart...I know all about those surgeries and THEY ARE NOT FUN...ONE BIT!! Thankfully, you are able to laugh and your cute sense of humor is bubbling just below the surface...I am so glad!
Thanks for coming around to my cottage today...take good care of yourself and know that we all love you!
xo bj

Neabear said...

My birthday was Wednesday the 10th. The day you had your surgery. It was fun to extend celebrating my birthday. Today I have been telling people that 28 years ago today I was in the hospital, in labor. My son's birthday is tomorrow. He was born after 22 hours of labor. That is why his birthday is the 20th and not the 19th. I did a post on my birthday if you look back a few posts on my blog.