Today I have some shocking revelations for you! Read on for a Kady Reveals All "Confessional."
Oh okay, its just a tag, but I guarantee that some of what you read will surprise you!
I have been tagged by two lovely ladies, first Shelia at Note Songs tagged me.
It's a Get To Know You Tag and I need to answer 7 questions and pass it on to 5 friends.
1. Where have you traveled?
When I was a teenager, my mother took us on three significant vacations. When I was 12, we went to the northeast and visited Vermont (to visit an aunt), New Hampshire, Maine (to visit a former pastor), and made stops in Salem, Massachusetts, and Princeton, New Jersey (to visit an uncle), and we traveled through several other states. When I was 14, we took a month long trip heading toward California. We traveled through Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, made a stop in Arlington, Texas to visit an uncle, traveled through New Mexico, visited an uncle in Tucson, Arizona, visited an aunt in San Diego, made a stop in San Francisco, visited a friend in McCloud, California, then journeyed home through Reno, Nevada, and as fast as we could through any other states on our way back to Ohio. At age 16, we visited Florida where we took our exchange student to his flight in Miami, and to visit another friend in Fort Meyer’s Beach.
As an adult, I have made several trips to Texas, visited Phoenix, Arizona, and Virginia Beach, Virginia. My favorite trip of all time was in 1999 when I got to visit Paris, France! I would dearly love to see Alaska someday
2. Where would you like to live?
If I could live anywhere, it would be on an ocean beach where it is always warm, never storms badly, and where sand never gets tracked into the beach cottage I would love to live in.
3. What is your decorating style?
I most admire shabby chic and cottage style, but would have to say mine leads toward cottage. My family room is definitely more country and primitive, and the most masculine room in the house since that is where the boys and I all hang out. In the past, I would have said my style was “early garage sale.” (The truly gorgeous living room is on RMS by vintagekitchen)
4. How many times have you been married?
Just once, and it is debatable as to whether or not I would ever do it again. However, reading about some of the solid and stable marriages here in blogland gives me hope that there are some great guys out there.
5. Favorite color?
I love blue in all shades and tones, including turquoise. However, when it comes to decorating, I love pinks.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Besides raising three children mostly all by myself, I would have to say picking up my life after a dreadful marriage and going back to college in my 40s and earning my degree (and all A’s) so that I could start a career.
7. What would we be absolutely shocked to learn about you?
You would be shocked to know that I date men who are significantly younger. It started a few years ago when I dated a man 7 ½ years younger than me, and it taught me that age is just a number. Though I am nearly 50, most of the men I date are in their 30s. The youngest man I have dated is currently 28, and I am still pretty crazy about him.
Coo coo ca-choo Mrs. Robinson!
Next I got tagged by my funny friend Buffie at My Left Foot.
Seven Unimportant things about me:
1. I graduated a full year early from high school. I didn’t give two hoots about my senior year and just wanted to get out of that little town and go to college, which I did! (Four years later I landed back in that little town though. No degree either, but with a newborn.)
2. Just like Buffie who tagged me, I don't drive on freeways, they scare the heck out of me! I also won’t drive in cities.
3. As I have mentioned to some others, I love to eat peanut butter and pickle relish sandwiches on wheat bread, with butter.
4. I was always the tallest person in my grade until 8th grade when one boy finally grew taller than me. When I was in the 6th grade I was even taller than my teacher who was a man. I was taller than my mother when I was 10. I now stand just under 5’10” which is the height I reached at age 13.
5. My mother taught me how to read before I went to kindergarten. When other first graders were reading Dick and Jane, I was already reading real books. I was bored to tears and always got marks against me for daydreaming in class.
6. I was a vegetarian from age 14-age 22. I was in a New Age-y sort of thing back then.
7. I have the biggest boobs of anyone I know. Not trying to brag, but that is how people tend to identify me. (Actual quote: “She’s tall with curly brown hair, bigger woman…oh heck, just look for the lady with the biggest chest.”) I dress to minimize, but it doesn’t help much. I have even had doctors turn embarrassed when they see them. I find it all highly amusing.
Okay, maybe that last one was a little TMI (too much information). No pics for that one either. I can hear several of you breathing a sigh of relief!
I won't be tagging others because I know there have been so many going around, but if you would like to take part in the fun, please feel free to!
Have a great Monday!