My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Awards given to me, and a new award!

I have recently received a couple new awards, and I have a new one I want to present to you! The first is the smile award that I received from Christie at Somewhere in Time (you know her as yardsalequeen at RMS), and then from Justine at Justine's Froggy Bloggy. Thank you so much Christie and Justine! Please go visit their blogs as they are awesome! Christie has a great love of all things vintage and pretty, and Justine has a blog that is so real and honest and funny that it will knock your socks off! You have to read about her "sperm brows." Seriously.

The Smile Award Rules are:
1. The recipient must link back to the award's creator Meme at The Babblings of Mere.
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.


Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids.


Ok, here is the deal. I cannot pick just five. You are all fabulous! So if you want the award, please take it with my blessings!


This next is a friendship award from Glenda of Tootsie Time. If you have never visited her blog, you most definitely should because she has a beautiful flower garden and very generously takes the time to share all kinds of great tips with the rest of us! To me its better than a gardening magazine! She also posts hilarious stories about her three children.

Ok, on to something new! See this graphic below? I have it in the upper right hand corner of my blog and I click on it every day. This helps give someone in need a free mammogram. It's free and you don't have to give money, but money gets donated somehow. I think it's an awesome thing.
Once you click on the graphic, it takes you to a website where you have to click on one more button to have your click count. This is something that is very near and dear to my heart because I have twice been the recipient of a free mammogram during a time when the factory where I worked closed and I was in school full time and working part time. I lost my insurance when my job went to Brazil. I have insurance now with my current job, but was so thankful that there were programs out there to help women get a free mammogram. That brings me to this award:
If you have ever come to my site and clicked on the graphic, please take this award as my thanks to you! I'm not attaching any rules to this one except that you have to click. You don't have to link back to me unless you want to. Even better would be if you added the graphic to your OWN blog so that you (and others) can click daily too! You could be helping give the gift of life to someone.


If you are in need of a free mammogram or pap test, you have to be at least 40 and fit certain income guidelines. There is also a medicaid program to pay for the cost of treatment if you test positive for cancer. Just contact your local Health Department and ask about their Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) grant.


Here's to smiles, friends, and healthy breasts!


10 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Congratulations on your awards; you're getting loaded with 'em.

I already have the free mamogram link on my email. I just saved it so I can click away.

nikkicrumpet said...

AWARDS AWARDS EVERYWHERE! And much deserved too!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! Kady you deserve all the awards! Congratulations!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christie said...

Hey Kady! Congratulations on all of your awards that you recieved this week....I just wanted to tell you that over at RMS I am yardsalequeen, that's how the girls would remember me...the one's that might know me there. Don't worry I called Beverly over at Howsweetthesounds blog sweetnothings when I first got participated in Pink Saturday's LOL! I get confused sometimes...LOL! Anyway Congrats, you deserve it sweet friend!

xoxo,
Queenie!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Kady, congrats! And you deserve them all!
You always make me smile!
Becky

Justine said...

You soooooooooooooo deserve it, Kady!!!!!!!

Justine :o )

Anonymous said...

OK, you brave soul, you, for posing in your bathroom for all the world to see...so did I !!
ARE WE CRAZY ????????????
Come over to see how goofy I am!
And thank you for the lovely award..I click on the pink ribbon every time I see it (once a day, that is).
love, bj

Deb said...

Hi Kady, congratulations! You are so deserving you always make me smile. Deb

Tracy said...

Congrats on all the awards! You deserve every one of them!

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Ms. Preciousness! Thanks for popping by. Can you believe all these Divas coming out of the woodwork! It's very thrilling. Be sure to check back in tomorrow ~ we have another one! Hope all is well in your world.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)