My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Fashion Show Friday!

Deb at Deb's Country Kisses is hosting a fashion show! How fun!
I decided to show off some of my dressy outfits. I feel a little silly posting so many pictures of myself, but I thought that being in a fashion show, even just online, would be fun! My hair wasn't doing what it was supposed to tonight, and you can witness the decline.

This first item is a red brocade jacket that I bought at CJ Banks last spring for only $20 on sale! I love it! I'm wearing a silky black shell in black that I also bought at the same store for about $12.
What I really like about this jacket is that it's reversible! I have a corner of the inside turned out so you can see.
I got this jacket on eBay. It's not a very good picture, so it's hard to see the little rhinestone pattern in the lapel. I think this would be fun for a dressy occasion or out on a date. Jakey, aka Sir Poops-a-Lot had to get into the picture!
Oh boy, here is where my hair really starts to go south. I really really need a perm and a cut. Without one, my hair is stick straight. It's flat on the top and curly on the sides, and I am sporting a Bozo styled do. About the outfit, this is an outfit that I bought on eBay to wear on an actual date. I wore the same jeans, which hug my butt, and these black high heeled sandals. Did my date like my outfit? Oh yes, oh yes! I'm such a little hussy.
Here is a better picture (with better hair) of the same outfit, but with the wrong jeans. The baby-doll top with sequins is from The Avenue, and the jacket is from Dress Barn. I think I paid a total of about $25 for the clothes, not counting shipping and handling.
Still channeling Bozo with the hair here, and I'm sporting an outfit I wore to my best friend's wedding. The black dress is from Jody Myles at Myles Ahead, a designer for plus size women. The jacket is from Spencer Alexis. I found it on eBay too. They have the most beautiful clothes!
Here is a Spencer Alexis dress, also found on eBay. I always thought it would be a great dress to get married in...as if that would ever happen again. Ha! Oops, forgot to change out of the black bra.
Did I ever tell you that I have actually participated in a real fashion show? I have attended an annual event called Big As Texas, a get-together for plus size women, as often as I can in the last few years. Here I am modeling for Jody Myles in her beautiful clothes.
And this is another of Jody's outfits in snakeskin. I soooo badly wanted this outfit, but the clothes are pricey. She gave me an awesome discount on the black dress though.
Modeling in real life was so much fun! I had a blast. The dressing room accomodations were severely lacking, but that's a whole other blog post.

Just wanted to add a little something here. I am obviously a big woman, and I am very okay with that. I have never let my size keep me from buying anything that I didn't love, and I have never waited to get something pretty until I lost some weight. I'm a firm believer that if you don't love yourself exactly as you are, that you won't love yourself if you become slender either. So my advice is to go out and live life fully, be seen and be gorgeous no matter what your size...

...even if you're channeling funny looking Bozo hair.



15 comments:

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Kady just yesterday I was telling one of my sisters how much fun you are!!

Love your outlook on life! I could not agree with you more! I love your outfits!

I still have to get a new camera I am still searching for right one for me, so my pic taking these days are limited. I would love to play along when i get one, this is a great idea and a wonderful blog entry today Kady!!

Justine said...

All I can say is, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE love LOVE that one outfit you wore on the date. The one with the very straight legged jeans? Awesome on you!

Justine :o )

SmilingSally said...

Thank you for representing me and all of my larger-than-life sisters! I agree that there's just more of us to love. ;)

You look so good in jackets; that's the one thing I absolutely cannot wear.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kady, I popped in from Deb's to see your fashion show! I love your fourth picture, the one with the heels! That is a great outfit and looks amazing on you! Love the jacket! The green flowing jacket in the "real" fashion show was so pretty too! Great post! :) ~Rhonda

Deb said...

Hi Kady! loved all of your outfits, you have a lot of beautiful blouses and the dresses were gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining me, I really enjoyed your show! Deb

Buffie said...

You rook mavalous darlink!!! : ) I love the fashion Friday thing! Wow, you sure do know how to shop for a great buy! I need to shopping with you!

nikkicrumpet said...

Kady....You are in INSPIRATION! I love your spirit and we could all learn alot form your attitude. I think that long green jacket thingie you modeled is GORGEOUS! How come all the prettiest stuff is just too dang expensive??? I really enjoyed the fasion show! Have a superfabulouswonderous day! And thanks for making me smile!

Bridget said...

What a great post! I especially like your closing thoughts!
I wouldn't have picked up on the Bozo thing but once you pointed it out, lol, I did notice a slight resemblance to his hairstyle with the flat top there. Have you ever worn your hair straight? I have straight hair too and I used to perm mine but I have decided to embrace my straightness and use it to it's best advantage. I love not having to get perms anymore. Saves money too! : ) I do draw the line when it comes to coloring my hair. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Bridget said...

I just wanted to add that the babydoll top with the jeans is my favorite. I don't dress up that much except if I am going to a wedding. Even going out to a nice dinner, I usually just wear nice trousers and a pretty top.

Bridget said...

Okay, just one more thing and I'll shut up and leave you alone. I LOVE the outfit you were modeling. The black dress with the green jacket/coat thingie. That looks absolutely awesome on you.

Rue said...

Hi Kady :)

You know what I loved about this post... your commentary. You are naturally funny without it being forced and then can switch it to a very serious tone. Well done!

That being said, I love you in the outfit with the jeans and the black dress with the green coat. Fantastic!

hugs,
rue

bj said...

Ahhh...you look FANTASTIC, Kady...
All the outfits are great but I LOVE that black dress and the green flowing jacket...just beautiful.
I also LOVE your spirit.
love, bj

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo,Kady - you're doing your little thing on the Cat Walk! Loved your fashion show! I love the outfits. I like the little black jacket and the green jacket and black dress. This was so much fun and I just love your smile!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

*woof wistles* Rowl baby! Great outfits. I esp. like that bright green on you. I don't suppose you bought it eh? Probably really exspensive stuff!

SG said...

I love the outfit you wore on the date and the black dress with the green overlay. You looked smashing!

I agree about the size thing. You look as pretty as you feel is my thought on the matter.

As for the hair, I used to perm my hair too. Now I can't believe I did it. I love my straight hair. I'd love to see yours straight! You should straighten it and blog it!!!! That would be fun to see.