My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Son's Homecoming!

My 16 year old son came home yesterday! He flew all the way from Houston to Detroit with a connecting flight in Atlanta. It was the first time he had ever flown!

He had to go through this tunnel in Detroit to get to the concourse where the baggage claim was located. I have walked through this and it's really cool! The colors change and you hear different soothing noises.
My older son Sean and I were eagerly awaiting his arrival, but were enjoying the rest after a 2 hour drive to the airport!
Finally I spotted him! Yay! It had been 7 weeks since I last saw my son! I don't know why he has glowing eyes in this pic.
I was so happy to see him and ran to give him a big hug. He loves being an aloof teen so he just acted like, "eh, no big deal," and acted like I had just seen him yesterday.
Here we are waiting in baggage claim for his 47 pound bag. Fifty pounds was the limit!
We didn't have to wait long at all! We found a parking space that was very close to the terminal. The boys loved the moving sidewalk to the parking garage. They loved it so much that they got way ahead of me. You can hardly see them!
Here they are a little closer, but blurry. Uh, hey guys, just remember, I have the keys!
After another two hour trip back home, we were all very happy to be together again! Sean was happy.
And the Jake the dog was thrilled and jumped all over him! I think he is happy to see Jake too!
This room has stayed a little too clean in the last few weeks. Wonder how long that will last!
Probably not too long! Look at all the stuff in his suitcase! Gee, he didn't listen to me very well when I told him not to put his underwear on the top! I learned that lesson the hard way when my bag got searched once and there lay my dainties right on top as scores of people walked by!
It didn't take him long to get on the computer and get caught up with all his friends!
I'm just happy to have him home again!
By the way, that's a pic from this spring when he was looking a little less scruffy!

This is the first time I have driven to the Detroit Metro Airport and I was pleased with how easy it was to find and navigate! Although I truly HATE driving on the interstate, and normally go out of my way to avoid it, there really was no other sensible route, but I made it through just fine!

Here's to family and happy homecomings!




11 comments:

bj said...

oH, Kady...your men are sooo handsome. I know how glad you are to have them both with you!
Have a blessed time with them...

SmilingSally said...

How well I remember--teenage sons--they love to cuddle the dog, but not mom.

I have good news for you: when they age a few more years, they like Mom's hugs! :)

nikkicrumpet said...

How wonderful for you to have your family together again. Even though teenage boys can be a "pain in the rumpus", and their rooms are a mess, and they are loudy and smelly...they're still a wonderful gift!

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Glad he's home, wow... 7 weeks is a mighty long time!
That airport looked SO cool!
Hope you guys have fun catching up... I'm sure he has lots of stories!

Deb said...

Happy homecomings Kady, I enjoyed the trip and glad the family is whole again. Deb

Justine said...

yippeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so glad he's safely home with you again! Did he have a good time while with his dad? What did he do while he was there? I really love that last pic of you and him together. He's got the cutest little face on him.

Justine :o )

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Enjoy the homecoming! I'm glad it went so smoothly!
Becky

Picket said...

I am so glad your son had a safe trip and that you are all back together again...Girl I have 3 burly men ages 28-38 and they are some of the biggest mom huggers now..nearly knock down the grandkids to get to me first! lol lol Just wait...you'll see! I know you are one happy mama!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! I'm so glad your son got home safely. I remember those aloof teenaged years with my kids!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Christie said...

Hey Bonnie, I know you were so thrilled to have your son back at home. When My 17 year old spends the night away from home with friends... it just don't feel the same around here. LOL! We miss him. I know you missed your son while he was away. Your son's are very handsome and I can tell you are the proud mama of them! Glad you had a safe trip. Have a great day!

xoxo,
Queenie!

Christie said...

Oops, I keep calling you Bonnie, sorry.... Kady.

Queenie!