My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OMG! There are naked ladies in my yard!

OMG! I went outside tonight to check out the sunset and I found naked ladies in my yard! Imagine my shock!

No, not this kind of naked lady! Pretty statue by the way! It's not mine. If you were in England you could buy it through Scotts of Stowe. But this kind of naked ladies!
These weren't in my garden last week! They must have come up all of a sudden. A lady at work had one on her desk. I exclaimed, "oh, you have a naked lady!" She seemed offended and told me "they are also called suprise lilies."
I don't care what they are called. I think they're pretty! The idea that they are called naked ladies just makes me like them more because I am much too easily amused.
Please ignore how badly I need to weed this garden! Those green flowers are going to be a beautiful soft purple pretty soon.

Let's see what else is in the yard! This is just blooming. I'm not sure what this purple flower is. Can anyone tell me? I don't remember them from last year. I might even have pulled them thinking they were weeds before they got too big! Oops!
In the spring I kept seeing a squirrel hopping through the yard with a bunch of leaves that it had gathered from the riverbank in its mouth. I finally found what he was doing with it! Can you see the squirrel nest in the middle?
Here is a better look. It's that big brown blob in the middle. I wish I could peek in there to see if there are baby squirrels! They would be so cute!
Here is that setting sun that I originally went out to see. The grass that was so green in spring is fading now that we aren't getting much rain. You can't tell, but the sun is starting to set over the river.
Here is another view that I love, the sun setting with a view of my deck. I don't have the cushions on the chairs or all my other pretties set out in case of rain. I don't know what I am so worried about, it is dry as can be. However, it might be sunny and clear in the morning, and there may be torrential rains by noon. That's Ohio for you. There is a saying that if you don't like the weather, stick around a couple hours because it will change!
Sorry I haven't posted in the last few days. After blogging so much last week, I had a bit of blogstipation and had no idea what to post until I saw the naked ladies in the yard.

I'm still in shock. The very nerve of nudity in my garden!

Don't look Ethel! (Oh yes they call him the streak!)

26 comments:

SmilingSally said...

No matter what you call them, they're beautiful blooms.

Your deck looks inviting too.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

LOL - whata fun name. Are they called naked ladies because they have no leaves? Your sunset views are very pretty.
Penny

Tootsie said...

what a wonderful surprise! could those be lupins? i could not see the leaves, just the flowers...

Tara said...

Hee-hee-you naked ladies are lovely!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Cute post and great title! How are you today?

Your garden looks great as usual.

bj said...

Hahaha...I love your X-Rated garden!!!

Cindy said...

I used to have naked ladies in the first house I lived in. I still remember the old lady next door telling me that's what they were called.

Deb said...

Hi Kady! I love your flowers they all are beautiful. Deb

Justine said...

Nudey flowers! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're really beautiful! Love your gorgeous sunsets too. You're so lucky to be right on the lake!

Justine :o )

Rhondi said...

Hi Kady
I have naked ladies in my yard too. That purple plant is obedience plant( phystostegia). It also comes in white. Your deck looks like a nice place to hang out.
Hugs, Rhondi

Dawn Marie said...

Hello, I love your blog. The parade of homes was hard to take! To have a koi pond INSIDE!!!!

And I love your naked ladies!

nikkicrumpet said...

Well I think those are some fine lookin naked ladies!!! I've never seen those before...and they are so pretty!

nikkicrumpet said...

hmmmm I was thinkin....do they have any "naked men" flowers???

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey Kady!

Thanks for your sweet comments on my last post...I swear I didn't even have to write the commentary...you just looked at their faces and KNEW what they were thinking!

Victoria Lynn said...

Hi Kady,
You're blessed to have such a pretty view of the sunset. The green flower plant in your yard is sedum 'Autumn Joy' and I see that someone else knew what the purple plant is. It's fun to share! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! I love the naked ladies - that's what I'd call them - nekkid ladies! lol Beautiful sunset peeping thru your huge tress! I love your deck, even without your pillows and pretties! Hope all is well in your world and it's great to be back in Blogland!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

CIELO said...

Beautiful garden... beautiful life! All that in this delightful garden grows should happy be and have immortal bliss (Edmund Spencer)

Have a lovely weekend Kady

Cielo

Bridget said...

I've heard of Naked Lady flowers before so I had a suspicion that was what you found in your yard! So pretty!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

your flowers are so pretty. Good pics also. Have a great day sweet one .

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Kady,
Loved your post and got a good laugh today, thanks! I know they call them naked ladies cause of their lack of leaves, but they are just amazing looking at anyname! The obedient plant is just gorgeous, I have that one in white in my garden, It is done blooming here for some weird reason...
Hope you have a great weekend with your kids!
XO,
Donna Lynn

bj said...

Kady, I would have SWORN I saw you in a bathroom shoot ! Where did it go???

nikkicrumpet said...

Goodmorning Kady....thanks for being so sweet and supportive about my pitiful mental block and non-post. You lifted my spirits!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Kady! I am officially kicking off Tablescape Tuesday! Whoo, Hoo! :-) Anyone who would like for me to show a link to their tablescape needs to leave a comment at my blog by Sunday evening, and I will add their blog name and link to a list that will be posted on my blog on Tuesdays. Thanks for helping me spread the word. :-) Susan http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/

Anne Fannie said...

Your naked ladies are beautiful! I looked at other flowers posts, very nice!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Love, Ann

Christie said...

Oh girl, Your naked ladies are so pretty...call em what you want to girl! LOL! I love your beautiful back yard! Glad I got to see it! Have a great week!

xoxo,
Queenie!

Anonymous said...

Wish I looked that good naked...tall slender not much on the bottom but full on top and all the neighbors want to look at me and tell everyone they saw me in a garden...Maybe they'd bring me inside, find a lovely vessel to put me in, pour cool water at my feet and sit me next to the bed so in the morning they could arise and say how beautiful I was and that God is awesome for creating such a lovely simple little flower.
Love your whole blog and your wit...I think we were sisters in another life....
I have become a blog-aholic...
gail&callie =^..^=