My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ma Salle de Bain

Welcome to ma salle de bain. Ok, that's simply French for bathroom, but it sounds so lovely! As I said in my last post, my bathroom is teeny tiny! Here is a view as you're coming up my steps. This is half of the whole bathroom! I can stand in front of my sink and place both my hands on either wall.

I have an amazing view from my bathroom! The first thing I do every morning, even before I "sit down," is look out the window.
Here was the view this evening. So fresh and green and sunny!
Here's a view in the winter. That white space beyond the trees is the river, frozen in time. If you look carefully, you can see the two islands in the middle!
I love my bathroom's blue walls. They were painted this color when I moved in. Here is my vanity, the one thing about my bathroom that I really hate!!! Notice my toothbrush holder sitting on the vanity that sits next to the toilet. Yes, I know it's supposed to be unhealthy, but I've done it for decades and have been just fine. I figure that I must have built up immunity to the pooh spray.
Here is a closeup of the ugly ugly laminate! And in the pic above, you can see the ugly laminate floor tiles. I found a lovely vanity at Lowes with beadboard on the doors. If I can ever afford it, this old vanity will be replaced, and then I'm putting down some lovely flooring that I have.
Okay, on to something pretty! When I first saw my bathroom, I knew that it would look really great if I could find a really wonderful shower curtain, and find it I did on eBay! It's amazing to be able to find just the right thing there.
This is my favorite square in the curtain. The blue is great with my walls. It photographed just a bit light.
I like this combination of squares and chenille.
I have some pictures on the wall too. I bought this one years ago at a Home Interiors party.

Since I have almost NO storage besides the medicine cabinet, I brought in this antique shabby (un)chic, chippy paint shelf. I love the green storage baskets, but when I went back to Lowes to get more, they were all sold. Not long ago I found the cute baskets with the pink liners at Dollar General. They hold all of our "junque." Usually I store rolls of toilet paper in between the baskets, but we're running low. Here's another view. I found the lovely lacework at a garage sale, already framed in just the right colors! This wall is just opposite the vanity, and the window is opposite the tub. Told you it was a small bathroom! But I love it.
It's not fancy, but it suits me just fine. It feels cozy, and homey, and country.
Maybe I'll just close my curtains now, light those candles on the shelf, and take a nice bubble bath!

Have a great evening. Take some time to pamper yourself in your own "salle de bain" whether small and cozy like mine, or rich and sumptuous and elegant!

(Edited to add: The bookshelves belonged to my grandmother who would now be around 115. It's something that was considered "junky" and somehow fell into my happy hands years ago. The curtains were purchased at Walmart! Yes! Wally World!)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kady! What a lovely bathroom! It may be little, but it oozes with charm. I simply adore your shower curtain and your window curtians with the yo yos ~ I've never seen anything like that and I love it! The framed doilies! Oh,it's so nice! Our bathrooms are so old - don't tell anyone, but we have avocado green and harvest gold 'thrones' and tubs! Talk about yuk!! Well, Ms. DDBBSDiva, you're something! Have a wonderful evening.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I love the shelf--it's to die for. Your shower curtain is beautiful, too. I love how you've organized this!

SmilingSally said...

I love your blue color. I have the same color in my guest bathroom, trimmed with white. It's so clean and fresh looking.

You've taken a small room and put some charm into it.

Anonymous said...

Kady - you and I have the same taste!! I have the exact same shower curtain!! I go back and forth between it and a plain white Battenburg lace one! Love your bathroom!!...Donna

Bridget said...

you've done a wonderful job with this room. I love the colors and the shower curtain. Thanks for showing us more of your Darling Diva Bath!

bj said...

I have always loved a small, cozy and comfortable bath. You have made yours so sweet and I can see why you love it....

Justine said...

Dang girl, for such a tiny bath you sure did get in a lot of pictures of it! I love the doodads on the edge of your valance. So pretty! And that shower curtain is totally unique. I agree, the vanity and floor have got to go as soon as possible! LOL! And your toothbrush is on the opposite side from the toilet, no? I think you're safe from poo spray!

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

Hi Kady...Lovely Room indeed! Your blue is very close to mine, or I mean our master bath. And that is one of my most fav shower curtains. I love chenille and those fun happy fabrics all together. You are clever too...thats a fun shelf and looks perfect in your room! Great job of taking what you have and making it beautiful!

LOL...pooh spray...gotta love it!
Happy Friday...Lorena

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady,
What an adorable shower curtain and I love that chippy shelf and the view ain't bad either.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

CIELO said...

Nice salle de bain! :)

cielo

Deb said...

Hi Kady, I love your salle de bain, I love blue, my main bath is blue too. The little shelf is so cute and fits well into your decor. Now don't let me forget to compliment you on the shower curtain and window curtains, and the view is to die for. Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady
Thank you for sharing your bathroom with us! You have a fabulous view and I agree I would look out there first thing too! I think your shower curtain is so pretty and I love the yoyos on your curtains. Everything is soooo organized. My bathroom is small too but I like it cozy too..

BittersweetPunkin said...

Very lovely!! I love the chippy shelf and your shower curtain!!I have a glass door...not so pretty!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Robin

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Kady I think your bathroom is darling! LOVE the yo-yo curtains, and shower curtain. The shelve is perfect.
If it were me I'd search for an old peice of furniture for your vanity, you could drop the existing cute round sink right into it! I like the faucet handles too!
GREAT view.

Glennis said...

Sweet!! You took such care of every detailin such a tiny little room - it sure paid off. It's a sweet, sweet room. Love the yoyo trim on the curtains. And the shelf unit - now that's a real find!

You definitely deserve a candlelight bubblebath!

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh my I love love love the chippy shelf. How adorable with the storage baskets! I also think that shower curtain is so unique and charming...goes perfectly with the darling curtains which are also unique. I love it!

Christie said...

Oh girrrl... I love your bathroom! That shower curtain is precious... it looks like a one of a kind. I just love it all and your sweet style too. I am so glad I got to see this. Thanks for sharing.

xoxo,
Queenie!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.