My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pink Saturday #6, Pink Candles

Welcome to this week's Pink Saturday. Bev at How Sweet the Sound is our gracious hostess. I want to thank her for taking the time to organize this every week as she sends out a multitude of emails to confirm each blog's participation, and then puts all those links together. I hope everyone will join me in thanking her for making all this pink fun possible!

On to my contribution for this week. As much as I love pink, I can't believe I don't have more pink candles. I found this darling set at a local Hallmark type store in the deep clearance rack. I got 70% off and I think I only paid about $2.50 for them. I haven't even taken them out of the packaging because I think it's 90% of the appeal! That little pink container in the middle with the ampersand holds matches. They're too pretty to light!



This next strawberry and kiwi scented candle was a gift from my sister-in-law and my brother as part of a housewarming gift. I just love the pink and green stripes!

This little stack of candles is from Diana Lynn of Candles from the Heart, and I won the "boobie prize" in her last giveaway, but I feel like I won the grand prize because the scent of these candles is to die for! I don't even take them out of the baggie, but the smell just fills my bedroom. So heavenly! There were more candles in the prize package, but these are the pink ones.

I received a new award tonight from Justine at Justine's Froggy Bloggy and I am so honored to get this award. She has one of the funniest blogs out there. Just for an example, the first blog post of hers that I left a comment on was a blog about how good it feels to take your bra off at the end of the day! So funny. I introduced myself by telling her that as a woman who is very generously blessed in that area, as I get older, the thing I like best about taking my bra off is that it pulls the wrinkles down out of my face. Heh. Anyhow, Tiney is bold and brassy, tells it like it is, and has one of the biggest hearts out there. I am proud to be one of her friends!

I have an award to give too, a pink award! I talked about it in an earlier post. I'm posting it again for more exposure. It isn't your usual award like a friendship award, but I feel so strongly about woman being able to get their yearly tests, even if they don't have insurance and can't afford their pap tests and mammograms. By simply clicking on the very top graphic on the right sidebar, you can get to a site where you click once more, and it gives money (no, not yours) so that someone can get a free mammogram. I know, I am like a broken record here, but it is the easiest and coolest thing to do to possibly save someone's mother, sister or friend's life. If you have clicked, whether on my blog or somewhere else, please take the award below as my thanks to you.


By the way, I got my mammogram results back this week and everything is A-Ok. Whew! That's so very good to know!


Here's to all things pink!

31 comments:

artis1111 said...

Love the candles. Pinkness to you Kathy

Gone said...

Love the PINKness, Kady!

Jan

SmilingSally said...

I like the candle display--especially the pink and green striped labeled one!

LOL "pulls the wrinkles down out of my face" So THAT's why my face looks so young when I'm at home! lol

Congrats on winning Justine's award. I visited her blog last night and read about it.

Thanks for the Kady award. I've clicked, so I accept it.

Darlene said...

I LOVE candles too! Happy Pink Saturday!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love those hugs and kisses candles! Congrats on your award..
Penny

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lovely PINK post!

~ Gabriela ~

nikkicrumpet said...

Love the hugs & kisses candles. And thats GREAT news about your good health! Have a super Saturday!

Justine said...

Ooh, I love your candles, especially because they're pink and not rose scented. Have you noticed that most pink candles are? Blech! Ooh, I'm taking this pink button with me. Well, not your thanks, but the actual linky button is what I want to add to my blog. Is that okay?

Justine :o )

Glennis said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kady!

I love the bra-taking-off story - too funny about the wrinkles - I'm totally there!

I'm off to go read!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The hugs and kisses candles are so pretty. Love things with words. Happy Labor Day!

Virginia said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Love all your pink.
Have a Wonderful Labor Day Holiday!
Blessings, Virginia

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

So glad your mammograms was clear. Happy Pink Saturday!

Raxx - A day in the life said...

Hi Kady

Happy Pink Saturday! Lovely stuff I loove scented candles when they fill a room...........

I clicked..... so I'll be taking the award thank you, I'll do the link too.

As usual it's always fun when you visit!

TTYL

rAQUEL

Raxx - A day in the life said...

lol!! rAQUEL!!

Dawn said...

Kady, your pink candles are very pretty. I like the stripes too! Oh, and the container for the matches makes for very clever packaging.

Happy Pink Saturday!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Ms. Kady!! Lovely Pinkness today!
Be a Pink sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Kady, you are so sweet. Happy Pink Saturday to you.

And, thanks for giving us the opportunity to click and save.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that post above is from me. I need to learn to type.

Unknown said...

Thanks for promoting breast cancer awareness andhelping those who can't afford their mammograms. Such a simple thing we all should do yearly!

Kathy said...

Hi Kady, I love your pink candles, I try to remember to click on every visit, I will take your award and link then I will be better at it, isnt Justine the best and soooo funny, you two and the bra thing cracked me up. have a lovely pink Saturday. Kathy

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Kady,
The pink posts are of course my fav's! The candles are lovely and I wouldn't open the ones with Hugs on them either! Diana Lyn's candles are so wonderful, I still have the Orange Cake one going today, all day, and my house smells like fall!

XO,
Donna Lynn
P.S. Don't have as big of "you know whats", but...I love taking my bra off at night too! I have had a terrible time finding bras that fit right, so I was pretty excited to find 3 at TJ Maxx two weeks ago on my storewide treasure hunt! 36 DDDD is a weirdo size for sure!!!!

Suzie Button said...

What luck to find pink candles at such a great price! I hope you had a great pink weekend!

joyh82 said...

What a great deal on the candles and they are so adorable!

Christie said...

Hey Kady! I love the candles and I think I wouldn't take them out of the package either! LOL! and the fashion show was wonderful....congrats on your award too! Thanks for visiting me, I hope you have a great week!

xoxo,
Queenie!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a lovely Pink Weekend.
Your post caught my eye since I have a little BONNIE girl....pup that is.
P.S. Love the candles and your kindred spirit. Come and see me.
CC
Claudie from Canada

Susan Hickam said...

Love the candles from Hallmark!

Anonymous said...

I loved your candles--what a deal you got on the Hugs and Kisses combo! Thanks for the lead on the blog you spoke of and I agree with your words about the importance of mammograms--glad yours was OK. Hope your P. Sat. was a good one! Dana

Anonymous said...

I loved your candles--what a deal you got on the Hugs and Kisses combo! Thanks for the lead on the blog you spoke of and I agree with your words about the importance of mammograms--glad yours was OK. Hope your P. Sat. was a good one! Dana

CIELO said...

Hi Kady... love all your pink candles! by the way, hope you can participate in our Window Party, I think I've seen some pretty windows in some of your previous post.... :)

Hugs

cielo

Margie said...

Very cute *pink* candles! (P.S. I saw one of your more recent posts, I've also had the horror of living in a house where bats could get in! Not a pleasant experience at all, but then neither is dog poop on the ceiling! tee hee!)

said...

The Hugs & Kisses candle set is so adorable. And congrats on your test results!