My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Northeast Indiana Parade of Homes, Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the Parade of Homes tour! Oh, do I have something special today, my lovelies! For all of you who love cottage and the beach cottage look, you are doing to absolutely adore the Bayview on Lake James! Keep in mind that this is NOT my home, but oh that it were! I'd be in bliss!

(Click on any picture to enlarge.)

I just loved this pretty yellow lakefront home the minute I came down the hill.
I almost wet my pants as soon as I stepped in the door. White beadboard! Softly colored walls! Wood floors! Cottage-y white furniture! Beachy stuff! All of these are so dear to my heart. Here's a lovely console in the foyer.
Much of the house was decorated in one of my favorite combinations, yellow and blue. I love how clean and fresh this living room looked.
Sorry about the glare. It's too bad you don't get a clear picture of the beautiful lake beyond the windows. You don't even need curtains! I love that comfy big chair.
Pretty kitchen with white cupboards! Pretty table and chairs! I LURVE white painted furniture!
I enjoy arrangements on top of cupboards too! I am the clutter queen, so this greatly appeals to me!
I love this corner with the benches that open for storage and extra seating. Great place to hang your towels after swimming in the lake!
Cute little stool in the basement, which unfortunately, they hadn't really decorated.
I adore these colorful chairs on the screened in upper deck porch!
Here is a shelf as you're going up the stairs to the bedrooms.
More blue and yellow! Toile bedspread, fence headboard! So very sweet! My heart is really beating now, or maybe its just from climbing the steps.
I also adore this white painted nightstand with the cute basket. I want to hold that shell up to my ears when I go to bed at night and hear the ocean in it! Or I could just open the windows and hear the waves crashing on the shore.
My heart just about stopped when I saw this room! It has the Ralph Lauren Chaps bedding that I have been coveting for over a year now! I just can't afford this set, but oh, how I want it for my oldest son's room! He wouldn't like it, but that's for when he moves out and it becomes a guest room!
Adorable armoire! I could be extremely happy with this bedroom set!
I swear, Shelia has invaded my brain! Since she convinced so many of us lemmings lovely ladies to take pics of ourselves in bathrooms and become Bathoom Beauty Snappers, I felt compelled beyond control to snap a pic of myself in various bathrooms! Darn you, Picklepoo! (Hey that rhymes!)
Cute arrangement in the corner of the jacuzzi tub. Oh how I want a jacuzzi tub! *sigh*
Here is the third bedroom in a soft peach. I am loving the white furniture again, and the beautiful floral bedding with the lattice patterned bedskirt.
There was even a family room upstairs! It was great with it's primary colors. I especially enjoyed the sailboat pictures on the wall.
There was even a window seat in the family room, great for extra seating and storage. I wanted to pick these pillows up and carry them home! Do you suppose they would have noticed if I had stuck the gull pillow under my shirt? I could have pretended I was pregnant! They might not have noticed I was nearly 50 and beyond that point! Sure.
And here is one last look from the Bayview at lovely Lake James. I could really enjoy looking out at that every day!
I forgot to mention in my last post that all of these houses are professionally decorated for the purpose of the tours. With the exception of the last house which you will see tomorrow, none of these has a homeowner yet.

If you haven't yet seen Part 1 of the Parade of Homes, please check out that post too! Looks like there will be a part 3 after all! It will post at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. It has probably the most unique features I have ever seen in years of attending Parade of Home tours!

I want to note that I thought twice before posting these homes as the tour is still going on until next weekend, but I think the chance that someone from that area is actually reading my blog is extremely slim. There is a very close to zero percent chance that someone would read this and then not pay to go on the tour. Even if that were the case, I would tell them to go see the home, because these photos don't show everything, and you really have to be there for the full effect.

May you all have sweet cottage daydreams!

12 comments:

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Pretty house , and you are turning into a regular bathroom darling diva ! :0) :0) :0)
Have a great day !

SmilingSally said...

I too, love the colors of soft yellow with blue. As for the beachy decor, you need to move closer to me; come on to South Florida. You'd fit right in!

Justine said...

This house is really really pretty! I love this last pic with the view of the lake. I'd love to some day live on the water. Ocean would be great,, but I'd take a large lake too!

You go girl, you sexy bathroom diva!!!!!!!

Justine :o )

nikkicrumpet said...

wow the view is to die for...and I love the soft yellow with those cherry floors. It was a very serene home. And LOOK AT YOU snapping pics in the bathroom. You guys CRACK ME UP! And the lemmings comment made me laugh...a nice way to start my day!

Rue said...

Hi Kady :)

I'm loving this tour! I had to copy that pic of that little corner with the white beadboard... so cute!

You crack me up with the bathroom pics. Shelia is so funny!

hugs,
rue

Bridget said...

Thanks for part two. I really like this house. Those colorful chairs on the porch look so inviting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady,
Wow, I really enjoyed the tour of that home, right up my alley. My dream is to be able to decorate model homes. It would be so much fun, especially with somebody else's money. Thanks for the tour.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Thanks for the tour! And you didn't even have to carry an umbrella, and talk loudly to the group! And we all behaved! Mostly.

It's a beautiful home!

Buffie said...

I've enjoyed the tours..lots of good ideas to copy! I love the colorful chairs and table!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! Look at you! You're snapping in the bathroom! Woo Hoo! I'm taking you to my blog and you'll be there just a shinin' in the morning. Oh, I loved your house tour. Such a gorgoues relaxing feeling place. I'm still too jazzed about you taking another picture!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

artis1111 said...

Loved the yellow!!!Kathy

Screaming Meme said...

Great tour! I loved it!!!