My blog dress and header has changed! As a newlywed, I am excited to present a whole new theme.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pink Saturday #3

It's Saturday, and you know what that means....Pink Saturday!


This weekly event is hosted by Bev at How Sweet the Sound.

A few years ago I bid on a box of porcelain items on eBay, and I won it for only $20. This box included a couple porcelain plates and other items. I just loved this little pink porcelain tray.


I wish I could read the small print on the label on the back, but it's Made in Japan, and from Royal something or other. I thought it was the prettiest thing.

I used to keep change in it, but it quickly became overwhelmed with all my coins. Now I keep it next to my bed on the nightstand and keep my earrings in there. It's great when I'm getting ready to go to work and have my favorites nearby, and even better at night when I lay down in bed and realize that I still have my earrings in! So easy to just take them off and drop them in the tray. Check out the little journey pendant. It was a surprise Christmas gift from Mr. "I haz wife, I be cheatin" from this post on my internet dating experiences.

Dot from Picket's Place gave me this award. If you have never been to her blog, you should definitely pay a visit! Dot is full of warmth and wisdom, and has the best stories to tell, and she just makes everyone in blogland feel as they are the most special person on earth. She is well loved and justifiably so. She took a short break from blogging not long ago, and people mourned as if she was gone for good! We're all so glad she is back and posting. A blog comment from Dot is something that always brightens our day!



Have a great weekend!


25 comments:

Picket said...

Morning girl! That pink tray is beautiful..I did my first pink Saturday today! lol You'll have to check it out....Beverly would be so proud of me! lol Oh girl I am so glad you accepted the award...I always feel welcomed and at home here at your place (but you didn't have to say all those sweet gushy words girl..you could have just put the award on the side and and that would have been sweet enough for me!) Hope you have a great weekend sweetie!

bj said...

Good "PINK SATURDAY" morning, Mizz Kady...
I adore your beautiful little tray and it's even better that it is so useful. Thanks for sharing...
bj

Justine said...

That tray is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I just ordered a pink bra from Fashion Bug. When it comes, can I post it on next week's Pink Saturday? LOL

Justine :o )

Deb said...

Hi Kady, it's beautiful, I love it. It serves a good purpose too. Girl you are too funny about that man. LOL! Have a great weekend Kady. Deb

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Kady.

Your pink tray is so pretty, and I believe you have found the perfect way to use it. I can't stand to sleep in my earrings, either.

Tootsie said...

happy saturday...see you again soon!

Unknown said...

What a lovely pink tray. Congratulations on your award, and have a very Happy Pink Saturday. Karen

Dawn said...

The pink dish is just darling! I keep a little box in my bathroom for my earrings. :) I like the idea of something so pretty by the bedside!

Happy Pink Saturday!

take care,
Dawn

Vintage To Chic said...

Hi Kady, Love the tray and your blog. Have a great day.
Judy

Marina Capano said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!!so cute!
visit me anytime....

Unknown said...

Kady..I just LOVE that tray and its PINK too!..esp cause it has a sweet rose on it you know HOW I love roses! WOW it sure was a great find. Congrats on your award too!

Blessings..Lorena

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Kady!

I LOVE your PINK tray! It is so pretty and what a deal!

Congrates on your award to! Yes, we all love to come visit your warm & cozy blog!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Kady, Beautiful tray...and beautiful shade of pink! :)

~Rhonda

Mrs. Bukovan and Miss Rossi said...

What a beautiful tray!!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

That's a very pretty tray.

I read your tribute to you dad - so very sweet! My daddy died when I was 55 and he always carried a photo of me when I was 16. We were both fortunate to be Daddy's Little Girls.

Thank you for sharing your tribute to him. I just posted a little about my daddy yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kady! Oh, what a precious little pink tray! I love it! I think things may be better in Blogland now. I was able to get into some blogs that I couldn't get into last night. Yay~you're going to be a Bathroom Beauty Snapper! Whopee!!
Shelia :)

said...

Such a darling little tray put to such good use!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

That tray is so sweet! Love it!

Kathy said...

Your pink tray is beautful!
Kathy

Kathy said...

Hi Cady, Just in time to wish you a Happy Pink Saturday, yes add my blog to youer list I would be delighted and will do the same.
I love your pink tray. Sorry you missed the Dr Gachet by van Gogh. at the D'orsay, I saw it there last year but that building is so impressive it is a wonder anyone notices the paintings haha. I did not see the Theo exhibition I would have loved that. lovely blog, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
Besitos from Argentina!
Silvia

Darlene said...

That is a beautiful pink tray and perfect for your earrings. Just gorgeous. Thanks for visiting me on Pink Saturday!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Kady, I love that pink dish. I am a little late visiting everyone on Pink Saturday, I noticed your post on your drawings, very nice and I also love your tribute to your Dad. That picture of you asleep on his chest, priceless!
Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

I'm behind on the Pink Saturday posts. My grandsons are here and they keep me busy! I love your pink porcelain tray. Keeping it on the nightstand is a great idea. I tend to put jewelry on the dresser (where it does not belong) when I discover my earrings are still in or just because I'm standing there at the moment. Perhaps I need a tray too!

Margie said...

Beautiful *pink* tray! That's a great idea to keep your favorite earrings handy!